i always say I do, I do to you.... SHOES

my shoe collections

I really love shoes and no wonder i love this Korean Drama - I Do, I Do. (^^,

Here is the quick recap of I DO, I DO:


Cast:
 Kim Sun Ah as Hwang Ji An
Lee Jang Woo as Park Tae Kang
Park Gun Hyung as Jo Eun Sung
Im Soo Hyang as Yeom Na Ri

Synopsis:
A drama based on an original comic.

Hwang Ji An (Kim Sun Ah) is a successful mid-30′s career woman (Director in shoe company) with a bright future ahead until she gets into an “accident” one night with the company new employed young male co-worker, Park Tae Kang (Lee Jang Woo) who used to be a fake shoe maker and always ready to run away whenever police raids. Her life and career gets thrown in chaos upon learning that she has became pregnant with his child.

Her strongest rival, Yeom Na Ri (Im Soo Hyang) takes the chance of that moment to overthrow her company position while she meets again with her old love, Jo Eun Sung (Park Gun Hyung) who has became her Gynecologist.
Jian - Director in shoe company (Medusa)
Ji An insane walk-in shoe closet
Tae Kang & his Dad - shoe counterfeiter
Na Ri - a desert fox
Eun Seong - the preacher Doc (^^,
Opinion:
An open-ended ending that leaves us wanting more. I do, I do has carried us the question: What is there to life? I loved that the question was posed in different contexts - career, family, love, passion and our dreams. And what happens when it feels like when we have to compromise one for the other.

These series brought up the issue of pregnancy, abortion, motherhood and parenthood in a way I never expected at the start. It took common romantic comedy premise and turned it into a heartwarming journey of one woman's life to appreciate the life around her. The show also examined the struggles and the implications of straddling between the love for a child and a career and a desire to be a mother to both.

The Ending:
As the three of them walk hand in hand, Jian tells us: "What is the right path? Where should I go from here? I'll probably live but I'm no longer afraid. Life doesn't always go as expected but it brings unexpected gifts. My love, my child... and the people I'm grateful to. I received such great gifts from them in a short timespan. What gifts will await me in the difficult future? I'm already curious about them. No, I'm definitely looking forward to them."

Comments

Popular Posts